Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 30th December 2019
A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Technical Specialist within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, besides representing world renowned brands, supplies, distributes and maintains money handling equipment, queuing systems, noise and air monitoring equipment to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, the company has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service. Joseph Cachia & Son Ltd has also developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of energy, the environment and security.
Based in Malta and reporting directly to the Technical Sales & Maintenance Manager, the selected candidate will be installing, configuring and supporting electro-mechanical equipment and automation machines, particularly Note/Coin Deposit/Recycling Machines, Air Monitoring Equipment and Queuing Systems. The role also involves preventive maintenance routines and troubleshooting on all machines that are supplied by the company.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting mechanical and electronic equipment;
- Have a Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and /or Mechanical Engineering (MQF level 4 would be desirable);
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Be reliable, possess a clean police conduct certificate and driving licence;
- Be able to work in a team and possess good organizational skills with an eye for detail;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be willing to travel abroad for training purposes.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.