Closing Date: 23rd September 2021
Tethys Oil Supplies & Services (TOSS) is seeking to recruit a Technical Sales Executive to be able to drive sales and source products and services for the company. Paying particular attention will be initially devoted to upstream equipment, loading systems and metering solutions. The chosen candidate will be actively participating in tenders related to energy, passive defence, parts, and derivative supplies and will be entrusted with the following main duties amongst others.
- Managing a portfolio of key client and vendor relationships;
- Defining principal positioning and planning within the principal partner programs;
- Contributing to the company’s sales plan and being accountable for the principal plan for the target territories and/or companies;
- Selling and supporting sales of existing products and introducing new products and services to clients;
- Following current industry trends on an ongoing basis and keeping oneself updated on market competition of the principals and in the market territories;
- Preparing reports and presentations to the executive management;
- Participating actively in team discussions related to the company’s business plans, commercial and marketing activities
- Adhering to procedures related to sales forecasts and established Quality Management Review processes.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of all the company’s products and services.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
- A technical degree or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Technical Sales and/or Technician role or similar;
- Experience in bids, tenders including sourcing new suppliers and clients;
- Resilience and creativity in finding solutions to issues;
- Ability to take independent financial and operational decisions;
- Track record in planning, preparing and delivering technical presentations;
- Be Sales savvy, customer focused and analytical;
- Be technical inclined, displaying interest in the industry;
- Fluency in both written and spoken Maltese and English;
- Ability to technically mentor others;
- A valid driving license;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products;
- Be willing to travel overseas and be open to various cultural environments;
- Be willing to undertake personal training when necessary.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning, decision making and organisational skills.
Preference will be given to candidates who are qualified/certified in engineering and having experience in sales.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidence.