Closing Date: 6th August 2022
Newtech Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a full time IT Technician to join its current Service Centre team. The ideal candidate must be a tech-savvy individual who takes pride in his/her work and passionate about technology especially hardware.Since Newtech Limited, is one of the leading companies in the IT Hardware & Tech market, the chosen candidate will be mostly working on devices from international Vendors such as Lenovo, Acer, MSI & Razer amongst many others. He/she will be working directly with clients and will be expected to provide outstanding customer service and excellent quality standard.
The chosen candidate will be performing the following main duties amongst others:
- Providing service and customer support as representative of Newtech Servicing Centre
- Managing on/off -site installations, repairs, maintenance, deployments, commissioning, and testing tasks;
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions;
- Communicating with customers, vendors, and handling service centre cycle/processes;
- Providing professional technical servicing for all Vendors represented by Newtech, including but not limited to Lenovo, Acer, Razer, MSI, APC, Microsoft, etc;
- Inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing IT products;
- Installing Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Linux amongst others;
- Communicating with customers providing repair progress and / or updates;
- Upkeeping and organising of the service centre area overall;
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an IT Technician or a similar role;
- Qualification in Electronics / IT (MQF Level 5 or more);
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing IT products including (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, smartphones and more);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Customer oriented with good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and as part of a team;
- An eye for detail with a strong drive to achieve work success;
- Good knowledge of the company’s products and in-depth view of upcoming technologies
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.
To Apply: Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their curriculum vitae to the Head of Human Resources via email on email@example.com, quoting the job reference NT-ITT 07/22.