Closing Date: 4th August 2022
Multi Packaging Limited, a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a Full-time Industrial Packaging Designer to join its current Product Design & Development team.
The Industrial Product Designer shall be responsible for taking a leadership role in highly technical packaging design-related projects to support the company's strategic business goals. Positive team engagement and motivation is a primary focus of this role. As an Industrial Product Designer serving our customers, this person shall be expected to bring thought leadership to projects, identify opportunities and may review other designers’ projects. S/he shall collaborate with their functional partners to work through projects from concept to completion.
The ideal candidate must have a can-do attitude towards work. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Head of Sales and Business Development and shall be performing the following duties amongst others:
- Developing design-driven solutions to solve for business opportunities;
- Using software, design complete packaging solutions to meet client requirements for design aesthetic, manufacturability, and operational-readiness;
- Review/Approve peer technical and artwork drawings, SOPs, and test reports;
- Keeping updated with software updates, industry standards and technology developments;
- Working with team members and managers to prioritize projects and workload;
- Provide design-related sales support;
- Conducting and guiding team members throughout creative sessions with team members to kick off new initiatives;
- Developing presentations and designing quality solutions on time and within budget;
- Meeting with customers to sell design capabilities and custom solutions;
- Interpret customer feedback and offer appropriate solutions.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience required:
- A Bachelors degree in Product development or related field;
- Knowledge of packaging material design for manufacturing/tooling;
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Be Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Pro);
- Have basic knowledge of packaging standards (ISTA, TAPPI, ASTM);
- Have a good understanding of: design principles and Industrial design, engineering, and manufacturing;
- Understands a business opportunity and how to align design-driven solutions;
- Be capable to prove that he/she can work under pressure and reach deadlines;
- Be a team player and possess good decision-making skills;
- Be meticulous, highly organised and competent at multi-tasking;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Maltese and English.
Preference will be given to candidates having knowledge of corrugator packaging with more than three years’ experience in design (or relevant level of talent + experience); Communication skills (verbal and written) in Italian will be considered an asset.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.
To Apply: Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their curriculum vitae via email on email@example.com to the Head of Human Resources, quoting the job reference MPL - IPD 07/22.