Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 5th September 2022
Multi Packaging Limited is a subsidiary of the M Demajo Group and has been operating in the corrugated field since 1965. We are the sole producers of corrugated board and boxes in Malta.
The company currently has an exciting vacancy for an experienced Head of Operations to join the Leadership Team.
It is expected that the Head of Operations will be a "change" agent with the personality and drive to lead the organisation through change management and culture initiatives and have demonstrable ability to support, advise, coach and provide clear objectives and communication to direct reports and colleagues within the wider business. The person will also play a key role in executing the overall business strategic objectives, ensuring an effective tactical plan is in place, implemented and results focused.
The ideal candidate must have a can-do attitude towards work. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the General Manager and shall be performing the following duties amongst others:
- Lead and develop functional managers to maximize performance and efficiency within corresponding departments;
- Planning and delivery of plant performance targets to meet current and future customer requirements in terms of quality, volumes and deadlines;
- Planning and setting of maintenance and capital investment budgets for all plant, equipment, buildings, transport etc;
- Organization of operational activities and investments within agreed plans and budgets;
- Planning and co-ordination of the usage of external providers to support plant capability;
- Ensuring manpower capacities are capable of meeting plant demands;
- Ensuring the sites compliance to environmental and safety at work requirements, coordination with appropriate outside bodies etc where necessary;
- Directing measures to continuously improve product quality.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience required:
- An MBA or an Engineering Degree is a must.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an operations manager/production role within a manufacturing / technical environment;
- Excellent interpersonal / social skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Entrepreneurially minded with a sense of urgency;
- An effective "self-starter", decision maker and innovative;
- Demonstrates empathy and patience when appropriate;
- Provide effective, strategic business feedback / develop business relationships;
- Have the ability to develop and deliver a vision and strategy.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience gained within a Lean/ Continuous Improvement environment, together with a good understanding of budgetary control and management within production, services, engineering and logistics.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.
To Apply: Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their curriculum vitae via email on email@example.com to the Head of Human Resources, quoting the job reference MPL - HOO 08/22.