Closing Date: 23rd September 2021
A vacancy has arisen for the position of General Manager within Tethys Oil Supplies & Services (TOSS). We are looking for a highly motivated and smart leader to drive the development and implementation of the Company’s plans, to assist with annual budgets and to execute the Company’s commercial and financial objectives. If you would like to move a step forward in your career, this is the right opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the chosen candidate will be required to ensure that the company is running efficiently and effectively. Main duties will include:
- Championing innovation and growth by expanding and developing the current product portfolio and onboarding new clients and guaranteeing an increase in the Year-on-Year gross profit contribution;
- Actively analysing the company’s KPIs and pushing to increase the monthly/annual sales turnover and GP contribution;
- Regularly monitoring payments from debtors;
- Operating within the agreed cash flow projections;
- Holding regular meetings with the Managing Director to evaluate the company’s results and comparing them to established objectives;
- Taking any appropriate and timely measures to ensure that the company is on the right track;
- Maintaining the Company’s operations under constant review and presenting financial progress reports including comparative data, charts and graphs to the Managing Director;
- Ensuring that clients are kept satisfied and that they are offered an optimum level of customer service, whilst maintaining a strong level of quality and commitment;
- Retaining staff motivation and morale and ensuring that all personnel’s performance standards are consistently maintained.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
- A technical degree/management degree or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the role or similar;
- Previous experience in a Technical Sales and/or Technician position or similar;
- Experience in bids, tenders including sourcing new suppliers and clients;
- Resilience and creativity in finding solutions to issues;
- Ability to take independent technical decisions;
- Track record in planning, planning, strategy and delivering on objectives;
- Be Sales savvy, customer-focused and analytical;
- Be technical inclined, displaying interest in the industry;
- Fluency in both written and spoken Maltese and English;
- Ability to technically mentor others;
- A valid driving license;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products;
- Be willing to travel overseas and be open to various cultural environments.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Competency in problem-solving, team building, and decision making.
Preference will be given to candidates who are qualified/certified in engineering and having current or previous experience in sales.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidence.