Closing Date: 4th August 2019
A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Sales and Contracts Executive within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. The company has developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of the environment, energy and security. Joseph Cachia & Son Limited also supplies and distributes environmental equipment such as air, noise and gas monitoring, queuing systems, road lighting, guardrails, money-handling machines to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, Joseph Cachia & Son Limited has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director and will be performing the following duties amongst others:
- Procuring sales, sourcing products and actively participating in the submission of tenders related to the various sectors within the company;
- Assisting the Executive Director of the company with the planning, organizing and controlling of all operations related to company projects and local tendering procedures both EU and Government funded;
- Managing a portfolio of key vendor/partner relationships;
- Managing the sales of existing products and introducing new products/solutions to end user;
- Liaising with customers through sales calls and presentations;
- Identifying market segments and target opportunities;
- Travelling overseas for fairs, training, etc when required.
The ideal Candidate must:
- Have three years’ experience in sales;
- Be sales and business oriented with an aptitude for negotiation;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative;
- Own personal vehicle;
- Be willing to travel overseas for fairs and training.
Experience in submission of tenders, project management and fluency in Italian will be considered as assets.
Training will be given in EU and local tendering procedures. All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.