Closing Date: 4th January 2019
A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Sales and Contracts Engineering Executive within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. The company has developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of the environment, energy and security. Joseph Cachia & Son Limited also supplies and distributes environmental equipment such as air, noise and gas monitoring, queuing systems, road lighting, guardrails, money-handling machines to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, Joseph Cachia & Son Limited has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director and will be performing the following duties amongst others:
Typical duties include:
- Identifying and pursuing technical sales opportunities;
- Identifying market segments and targeting opportunities;
- Managing the sales of existing products and introducing new products/solutions;
- Liaising with customers, including preparation of presentations and sales proposals;
- Sourcing of products and suppliers;
- Bid preparation and submission of same;
- Project Management and issuing of relevant reports.
The ideal Candidate must:
- Hold an Engineering degree;
- Be willing to carry out ‘first tier’ engineering repairs/calibration;
- Be sales and business oriented with an aptitude for negotiation;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative;
- Own personal vehicle;
- Be willing to travel overseas for fairs and training.
Background in Sustainable and Environmental Engineering and Project Management will be advantageous. Training will be given in EU and local tendering procedures. Fluency in Italian will be considered an asset.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.