Basis: Part-Time Definite Contract (1st March to 30th September 2018)
Closing Date: 25th February 2018
Joseph Cachia & Son Limited is seeking to recruit a Purchasing Officer to oversee and administer the Purchasing operations.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the General Manager and will be performing the following duties amongst others:
- creating Purchase Orders and inputting related information on the in-house system;
- following up on Purchase Order delivery periods;
- updating the respective managers regarding the status of their orders;
- liaising with Suppliers Purchase Order Departments with regards to orders;
- coordinating with the Logistics Department vis-à-vis, costings and methods of shipment;
- issuing receipts, invoices and statements;
- performing standard office and administration procedures.
The suitable candidate must:
- have a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar position;
- have an ‘O’ Level standard of education or equivalent;
- possess excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Maltese and English;
- have good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
- be able to work on his/her own initiative and have an eye for detail.
Experience in Navision will be considered an asset.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.