Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 25th October 2018
Special Interest Travel Limited (SIT) is seeking to recruit an Operations & Administration Manager to enhance its already existing team of professionals and to provide the necessary expertise and skills, thus maintaining and improving the company’s, performance, productivity and profitability.
The chosen candidate will be accountable for the general management of the procurement and administration process. S/he will be supporting the General Manager and will be running the day to day office administration.
The selected candidate will also be performing the following main duties amongst others:
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring the work within the various departments;
- Reviewing financial statements / data;
- Preparing and controlling operational budgets and developing relevant reports;
- Negotiating with suppliers ensuring the most profitable results, whilst achieving the best possible experience for clients;
- Improving processes and policies in support of organizational goals, and monitoring adherence to rules, regulations and procedures;
- Planning the use of human resources, delegating tasks, establishing work schedules, supervising staff, monitoring and evaluating performance;
- Managing quality and quantity of employee productivity and providing support;
- Improving the efficiency of support services such as Information Technology, Human Resources and Finance and facilitating the coordination and communication between support functions;
- Liaising with top management and assisting in the development of strategic plans for operational activity;
- Implementing and managing operational plans;
- Managing customer support, planning and supporting sales and marketing activities.
Applicants must have good knowledge of the principles and practices related to the following:
- Procurement and Negotiation;
- Business and Management;
- Financial, accounting and reporting;
- Information Technology;
- Human Resources;
- Project Management;
- Events Management;
- Group Travel Management.
Applicants must also be competent in the following areas:
- Solid negotiation;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving;
- Planning and organising;
- Assertiveness, persuasion and leadership;
- Managing conflict and working within a team.
Preference will be given to applicants having previous experience in a similar position within the Tourism Industry, preferably in a Destination Management Company, Tour Operating Company or a Hotel.
Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management will be considered as assets.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.