Closing Date: 30th Sepember 2018
Exigy Limited is seeking to recruit an IT System Administrator to join their current team of professionals.
Main Duties will include:
- Managing, upgrading and monitoring the company’s network infrastructure, software and hardware;
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems;
- Communicating with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users;
- Ensuring that the company’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently;
- Monitoring performance and maintaining systems running at their optimal level;
- Participating in the delivery of IT projects;
- Installing and managing network servers and other technology tools;
- Setting up accounts, PC and laptops;
- Troubleshooting issues and outages;
- Ensuring security through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Updating systems through a scheduled patch management process;
- Updating internal knowledgebase with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Have experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management;
- Have knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Have previously worked on Windows server operating systems and platforms;
- Be resourceful and have a problem-solving aptitude;
- Have excellent communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates having:
- Experience in managing virtual environments on premise or Cloud like Azure;
- BSc in Information Technology/network related discipline or MCAST advanced diploma in IT;
- Professional certification e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.