Closing Date: 30th April 2018
A vacancy has arisen for the position of an Industrial Sales and Contracts Manager within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. The company has developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of energy, the environment and security. JCS also supplies and distributes industrial equipment, queuing systems, road lighting, guardrails, money-handling machines, noise and air monitoring equipment to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, JCS has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director and will be performing the following duties amongst others:
- Identifying and pursuing sales opportunities and exceeding annual sales targets;
- Identifying market segments and targeting opportunities;
- Managing the sales of existing products and introducing new products/solutions to end user and/or dealer networks;
- Liaising with customers, including preparation of presentations and sales proposals;
- Sourcing products and suppliers, bid preparation and submission of tenders.
- Have three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Hold a B. Eng (Hons) degree;
- Have experience in EU and local tendering procedures;
- Be sales and business oriented with an aptitude for negotiation;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Own personal vehicle;
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative.
Candidates holding certifications in Project Management including experience in this field and also being fluent in Italian will be given preference.