Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 18th November 2018
The Malta Experience a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a Food & Beverage Executive to join its current team. The chosen candidate will be ensuring the smooth running of the Cafeteria, thus achieving and maintaining the highest standards of service.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the General Manager and will be performing the following main duties (amongst others):
- Maintaining, setting and establishing hygiene practices to comply with the necessary HACCP requirements;
- Participating in any duties related to the preparation of Food and Beverages, which are offered to all clients;
- Ensuring that the Cafeteria is adequately staffed, preparing duty rosters (including public holidays, leave and sick leave) and delegating staff duties;
- Assisting in the training of Food and Beverage employees;
- Dealing with matters related to discipline/grievance in conjunction with the General Manager and the Head of Human Resources;
- Liaising with freight companies with regards to quotations;
- Preparing a weekly schedule of stock replenishment;
- Controlling and reporting stock shortages and checking ordered goods when received;
- Managing all documentation related to correct stock levels and maintaining inventory control.
The suitable candidate must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role;
- Possess a certification in Food Handling;
- Have excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- Be up to date with Food and Beverage trends and best practices;
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of commitment;
- Have excellent leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Be discrete, self-confident and flexible;
- Be able to work in a team and to delegate multiple tasks;
- Be meticulous and well-organised;
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- Be able to meet financial targets;
- Be willing to work evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Candidates having a Food & Beverage related qualification and who are conversant in any other European language, will be given preference.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidence.