Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 18th May 2018
A vacancy has arisen for the position of an Environmental Sales and Contracts Manager within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. The company has developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of the environment, energy and security. JCS also supplies and distributes environmental equipment such as air, noise and gas monitoring, queuing systems, road lighting, guardrails, money-handling machines to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, JCS has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director and will be performing the following duties amongst others:
Typical duties include:
- Identifying and pursuing sales opportunities and exceeding annual sales targets;
- Identifying market segments and targeting opportunities;
- Managing the sales of existing products and introducing new products/solutions to end user and/or dealer networks;
- Liaising with customers, including preparation of presentations and sales proposals;
- Sourcing products and suppliers, bid preparation and submission of tenders.
The ideal Candidate must:
- Have three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Hold a degree in environmental science or NEBOSH environmental diploma;
- Have experience in EU and local tendering procedures;
- Be sales and business oriented with an aptitude for negotiation;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Own personal vehicle;
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative.
Candidates holding certifications in Project Management including experience in this field and also being fluent in Italian will be given preference.