Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 18th November 2018
M. Demajo (Services) Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group is seeking to recruit an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator. The selected person will be providing Environmental Health and Safety support and ensuring that all practices are in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Authority (OHSA) and Environment and Resources Authority (ERA) regulatory requirements.
The suitable candidate will be required to coordinate with the Group’s management on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections. S/he will also be required to provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
Main Duties will include:
- Providing advice, assisting, and auditing line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented;
- Practicing safe working techniques and re-enforcing the safety policies and procedures as set out by the Company;
- Ensuring that contractor personnel working on the Group’s property are in compliance with the Group’s policies and safety requirements;
- Coordinating regulatory programs and their applications and supporting the compliance process;
- Reviewing accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conducting field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions;
- Managing Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conducting training needs analysis;
- Performing and contributing to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee operations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the operation;
- Assisting with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans and Procedures.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- Have strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Be a team player and must be able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external;
- Be flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Nebosh Certification will be given preference.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.