Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 4th November 2018
M. Demajo (Services) Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group, is currently seeking to recruit a proactive, meticulous and responsible individual in the position of Accounts Executive.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will also be liaising with other team members throughout.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following Key Accountabilities:
- Preparing end of month and year-end accounting;
- Producing management accounts and internal reporting;
- Preparing cash flow reports;
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing budgets, forecasts and cash forecasts;
- Participating in the annual and periodic standard cost budget process;
- Recording fixed assets acquisitions / disposal and tracking expenditure during asset construction;
- Analysing stock holding levels and reporting to the Financial Controller about risks and opportunities;
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets and preparing the appropriate documentation;
- Vetting payment proposals and ensuring that payments are duly authorized and documented;
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and other VAT related declarations;
- Preparing and posting accounting / inventory journals;
- Processing petty cash and card payments.
The ideal candidate must:
- have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably in the Manufacturing industry;
- be qualified in ACCA (Part 2) or B. Com Level;
- have excellent Accounting and Book-keeping skills;
- have excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English;
- possess good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- be competent in Conflict Management and Project Management;
- be influencing and persuasive;
- be organised, methodical and have an eye for detail;
- be an effective team player.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.