Alliances and Ventures
The M. Demajo Group believes that alliances and ventures with other entities are the way forward for further growth. Such alliances can bring in additional expertise and technology, markets and other resources. Business activity in some countries, such as Libya, is subject to mandatory local participation but in any case local knowledge and contacts are essential for growth. Even for Malta based activity, the Group has adopted the alliance or joint venture route when this was deemed beneficial. Examples include:-
- M. Demajo (Port Ventures) Ltd with a 35% holding in VISET plc, Malta’s Cruise Terminal operator;
- Participation with The Nuance Group and the Bianchi Group in the take over, upgrade and operation of the Malta International Airport retail outlets formerly operated by Air Malta;
- Co-operation with third parties in the setting up and operation of hospitality outlets at the Valletta Waterfront and elsewhere;
- Co-operation with Microsoft and others in Malta’s E-Government project;
- Co-operation with China’s CAMC where the Group acts as the Mediterranean region CAMC office.
The joint venture between M. Demajo Group (www.demajo.com) and FX Capital Group (www.fxcapitalgroup.com.mt) delivers the evolutionary online technology of The Currency Cloud (www.thecurrencycloud.com) to provide low cost and highly efficient currency conversion and international payment services to a rapidly growing client base. Our service provides total transparency on FX spreads and fees, delivers superior control of the transaction life cycle, and is designed with premier service and usability top of mind. The FX Capital Group is a leading provider of the next generation of financial services, delivering FX conversion and payments solutions to over 300 investment, financial, corporate and fiduciary firms in Malta, the UK and Europe.
M. Demajo Maritime Services Limited has been established with the purpose of offering professional services to the international maritime industry with significant focus on the yachting industry. In recognition of the progressive development of the maritime industry and the stronghold of the Maltese Shipping Register being proclaimed as the largest merchant flag in Europe and the seventh largest flag in the world, M. Demajo Maritime Services Limited brings together a team of industry experts to effectively provide prospective owners and consultants in the industry with a complete list of services pertinent to a yacht’s lifecycle, including flag registration, tax consultancy, crewing services, fiscal administration and management and dispute resolution.